FORUMS: list search recent posts

More Batch render problems

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
R303
More Batch render problems
by
on Dec 12, 2005 at 6:53:05 pm

I've been working with maya 6.5 for 3 month now. And I've had no software problems what so ever.
Now I finaly assembled my new computer.

Dualcore AMD64 - PNY Quadro Pro 540. 4GB RAM. XP Pro 32bit.

And ofcause I installed MAYA on it. 2 issues.

1) Docserver wont load.
2) Batchrender starts and hangs.

1 - I don't think the docserver issue has to do with the batchrender problem, but I state it here anyway just in case that it is the problem.

2 - When I start the batchrender, the MAYABATCH.EXE startup and connects to the local host as it should (I tracked the mayabatch.exe via Zonealarm). And the statusline in maya says "Result: Rendering with Maya Software..." Just as it should.

Now here it stays! Maya dosen't hang, but the batchrendere dosen't move an inch. On my old computer it worked fine. I even have it here next to the new computer to compare them to each other.

On my old computer (the obe where things work) zonealarm reveals that MAYABATCH.EXE accesses the computer or local host, twice. On the new computer MAYABATCH.EXE never gets around to access the second time. It's as if it's waiting for a response.

Am I missing sometihing?

Ny the way - the scene I am rendering is a simple cone. Nothing else.

Any thoughts??

Daniel

Return to posts index

mYthprod
Re: More Batch render problems
on Dec 13, 2005 at 4:35:07 am

Hrmm ... try turning off all firewalls (zonealarm as well as XP SP2 firewalls if applicable) and try again. Give it specific rights to run under XP SP 2 if applicable. I guess try to install again, I've never had that problem on mine *knock on wood*

Smells like a permissions issue to me but can't be sure. Does your new computer give you admin privies? Not sure how picky Maya is about that stuff.

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

mdowell
on Dec 13, 2005 at 6:06:28 am

mYthprod, you're my hero! You just ended my grief. I had Windows firewall off, but Norton Internet Security was still running. I completely disabled Norton, and, bingo, I'm able to batch render! Thanks a bunch!

Return to posts index

mdowell
on Dec 13, 2005 at 4:38:39 am

It sounds like you and I are having the same exact problem...

Return to posts index

R303
by
on Dec 13, 2005 at 2:31:41 pm

Ok. I have ofcourse tried to disabled everything. Zonealarm and XP firewall. My computer is brand new and the XP and MAYA install is totally fresh. It runs with no virusprotection so that is not the issue.

I have installed MAYA again and nothing changed.

I then tried to run the batchrender MAYABATCH via a command line from windows, and it worked! So now I know that the system and MAYABATCH.EXE will work together and do the job, but I still can't get it to work from within maya. Strange, since I have an almost Identically setup on the old computer and it works from that one.

Daniel

Return to posts index

R303
by
on Dec 13, 2005 at 2:35:12 pm

"Does your new computer give you admin privies?"

What do you mean by this?

I'm the only user on it and I was the one to install XP. I think I am the admin, but is it possible to install XP one user only and NOT have the ADMIN priviliges?

Return to posts index

mYthprod
on Dec 14, 2005 at 3:24:36 am

No, you probably have admin privies if that's the only user. Quickest way to tell is if you see administrative tools inside your control panel. While you're in your control panel, go into your "windows firewall" and try going into the "exceptions" tab and add program and choose maya. XP sp2 is pretty stringent on what it allows you to run. Scary, eh? :-)

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

r303
by
on Dec 14, 2005 at 9:52:00 pm

I cant get on with the invistigation.

I did a stupid stupid mistake! I got my new computer a week a go, and have now ordered XP64 from the store. It is on its way, and in the meantime I borrowed an XP pro 32bit from work and installed it on my computer at home.

Now that gave me 30 days of microsoft windows before I have to activate it. But I accidentically went and set the date back a year and the forward again till today, and wush! XP now thinks a year has gone and wont run until I activate it. I cant though because it belongs to my work and the product key is allready in use.

I just have to wait untill I get my XP64 with the mail. And then install MAYA again and see what happens then.

Salute!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]