FORUMS: list search recent posts

Opening animations in fcheck

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mYthprod
Opening animations in fcheck
on Nov 30, 2005 at 12:39:44 am

I use fcheck a ton and I'm trying to figure something out. It seems to have the capability of opening image sequences from the command line by using the -n option, but I can't seem to get it to work. The help file I'm looking at can be accessed by the following:

- Inside Fcheck, help > opening images
- Inside the "Tip" box you can see a line that says, "You can also open a file in Windows using the command line. Follow the steps in Opening an animation using the -n option, for more details"
- Instead of clicking on that link, click on "fcheck" and scroll down where it talks about the -n option. It says, "If you give a name ending with a period, FCheck automatically finds the start, end, and step of the corresponding animation."

Does this work for anyone? I'd really like to be able to find a command line to open an image sequence based on the first image as I could make a hotkey for this in my explorer (directory opus). Can anyone get this to work? It's either busted or I'm doing it wrong ...

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

Sean Fennell
Re: Opening animations in fcheck
on Dec 1, 2005 at 12:52:37 am

fcheck is a little weird and particular when opening image sequences on the command line. Your best bet is to try this format:

fcheck -n start end by image.#.ext

so -n is a 3 input flag that expects the start frame, end frame and by frame as arguments. The pudding is in how you present it the file name format to open. If its a 4 padded frame number then use the # symbol where the number would be. If its anything other than 4 pad (or if the # symbol doesn't work) use an @ symbol for each number pad:

image name format: image.001.iff

fcheck -n start end by image.@@@.ext

There is a perl script that is supposed to launch any type of image padding name format in fcheck automatically, but I never got it to work. So, naturally I wrote my own and then forgot to back it up and lost it in a system failure. If I do find it anywhere I'll post it on highend.

Return to posts index

mYthprod
Re: Opening animations in fcheck
on Dec 3, 2005 at 4:13:47 am

What got me excited about the help file within fcheck was the line about putting a period after the image sequence name and it will open the image sequence automatically. I tried a few times to open with the -n switch and never got anything to work right. I was really hoping the -n switch would be the thing I needed to be able to open image sequences directly.

maybe the alias folks can help? :-o I might pop in and ask them.

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]