FORUMS: list search recent posts

Learning to walk AI system for Animation

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arash Monjazeb
Learning to walk AI system for Animation
on Nov 15, 2005 at 9:17:11 am

I'm not sure how to explain this. A few months ago I was looking around at plugins and 3rd part human animation systems that feed data back into 3Ds Max, Maya, etc... I recall one that had the AI learn how to walk and they had a video clip of it.
I was looking for that again and I can't find it.
Has anyone come across this package or seen something similar to what I'm talking about?

As I recall the purpose of the AI was to learn how to walk and respond to its suroundings so that when you have animation of crowds running the charectors knew how to interact with each other and their terrain. As a resualt you would have a natural looking crowed seen with people rushing and running into each other and so on.
Thanks for your help.

-Arash

---------------
Arash Monjazeb
AMN Video

Return to posts index

Simon Carlson-Thies
Re: Learning to walk AI system for Animation
on Nov 16, 2005 at 5:33:36 am

Are you talking about massive or endorphin by Natural Motion, because these programs are extremely expensive, Massive costs $18,000 and endorphin costs $9500.

Hope this helps
Simon Carlson-Thies

Return to posts index

Arash Monjazeb
on Nov 16, 2005 at 8:10:17 pm

I think it was Endorphine. Who makes Massive? I'd like to check that out.
There was one software that was designed for crowd scenes. THat is the one i"m really after.

Return to posts index

Arash Monjazeb
on Nov 16, 2005 at 9:21:23 pm

I found Massive, but that is not the aoftware I was looking for. The software I'm looking for as I recall had demo video which showed how the crowd had various AI and how they would react to objects in their way and if they tripped how that would affect the rest of the crowd and so on.

Return to posts index

Simon Carlson-Thies
on Nov 17, 2005 at 12:21:32 am

I think that's Endorphin, the problem with any AI software that is any good is it is really expensive.

From
Simon Carlson-Thies

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]