FORUMS: list search recent posts

Imported Image is distorted.

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
badbagel
Imported Image is distorted.
on Nov 13, 2005 at 3:56:59 am

Hello,

I have Maya 7 and every time I try to import a jpeg image and when I switch to perspective view the image is distorted on the imageplane. I tried to adjust the placement settings in the channel box but it doesn't work. Here is an image of my problem.

http://stu.aii.edu/~po331/desk.jpg

I always import the image in front viewer.

Return to posts index

konstantin
Re: Imported Image is distorted.
on Nov 13, 2005 at 2:29:56 pm

Yes, I have the exact same problem in Maya 7. Anybody know what's going on?

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Nov 14, 2005 at 4:42:48 pm

Looks to me like a video card issue.

What hardware are you guys running?

-Steve

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
on Nov 14, 2005 at 6:41:39 pm

i believe the culprit could be your texture size. Maya does not like non-squared textures, and when i say that I mean power of 2, not literal square shapes. try taking yout texture, making it 512x512 for the heck of it and see if it displays correctly there. I've also had luck fixing this by going into the hardware texturing options on the shader and manually selecting a resolution to display it at.

Return to posts index

badbagel
on Nov 14, 2005 at 10:38:20 pm

Hm, I am not sure what you mean by adjust the hardware texturing options. I import the imageplane and i didn't know what the imageplane has a texture applied to it automatically. The image placement settings doesn't help but it seams to be the only option that adjust the image.

My video card is a NX6800GT

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
on Nov 14, 2005 at 10:52:37 pm

whoops, nevermind, the image planes on the camera wouldn't have the texture resolution option. thats only for shaders/geometry. Try the square texture thing tho and see if that helps.

Return to posts index

badbagel
on Nov 16, 2005 at 6:00:17 pm

Thanks! That worked by applying a texture to a plane and adjust the image through UV texture editor! Thanks again! Now I can do my final project!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]