FORUMS: list search recent posts

How best to import video footage into MAYA - newbie question

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin
How best to import video footage into MAYA - newbie question
on Nov 12, 2005 at 8:43:11 pm

I want to import some video footage into MAYA, and then probably project it onto some shapes, what's the best format, should I output the video as a targa sequence? I've tried bringing in quicktime but it doesn't like it. I'm wondering if it's because of the codec of the quicktime file. any ideas?

thanks

Return to posts index

Robin
Actually can't seem to import any format!!! Any ideas?
on Nov 12, 2005 at 9:41:19 pm

Help!

Return to posts index

konstantin
Re: Actually can't seem to import any format!!! Any ideas?
on Nov 13, 2005 at 2:28:14 pm

You can use an avi file as a texture and then 'project' that video as a shader. There is a video icon amongst the texture icons. Don't forget to check the 'Use image sequence' under attributes.

Return to posts index

mYthprod
Re: How best to import video footage into MAYA - newbie question
on Nov 15, 2005 at 5:10:23 am

Yeah, images sequences are probably most efficient - tga, iff, png, whatever just about.

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

Robert Morris
on Nov 22, 2005 at 7:15:44 pm

I'm fairly new to Maya myself and I had a similar question. Image sequence seems to be the way to go, as you aren't dealing with codecs. But my question is:

When I texture a flat plane with my image sequence, using a "Movie" shader, I get highlights on the flat plane from the lights in my scene. How I can have an object use the color from the texture, and not be effected by any lights? Think in terms of photogrammetry where photo textures contain all the light and shadow information. Lights in the scene, or even the default light would only hinder the realism effect. Any way to turn this off so my objects are not effected by any lights, yet retain full color information from the texture and don't just go black? Thanks.

Return to posts index

konstantin
on Nov 22, 2005 at 7:27:07 pm

Use the Incandecense node instead of the Color node in the shader.

Return to posts index

Robin
Robert I have help for you, can you help me out too?
on Dec 16, 2005 at 11:59:49 pm

I think a solution to your problem may be to go into the relationship editor window/relationship editor/lightlinking and just unlink your image plane from all lights that you don't want to affect it.

Now how are you getting your image sequence to work? As soon as I click on the image sequence button the projection just goes black.

Can you tell me what formats and settings you are using to get an image sequence projected in Maya?

Thanks

Return to posts index

marco alessi
Re: Robert I have help for you, can you help me out too?
on Dec 15, 2009 at 3:47:32 pm

When I import an image sequence into maya and texture a plane it always seems to look blurry in the final render. Does anyone know how to avoid this and why it happens??

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]