FORUMS: list search recent posts

feature film looking to creat hair on a demon?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kwanku
feature film looking to creat hair on a demon?
on Nov 11, 2005 at 1:19:52 am

Hello,

My name is dusty depree. I am producer, writer, director and editor of a small, low budget 97 minute psycyological horror film called...DIMPLES.

http://www.dimplesthemovie.com

I am looking for someone who can create scraggly patches of pitch dark hair on a demons head. We see the demon spuratically and quckly in the film. The longest we hold on it is about 7 seconds and in that shot it is behind a wall and we only see half of the demon. The original demon custome has a bald head. With how the story is shaping and what the demon represents psychologically for one of the characters in the film I thought it would be better to add grotesque, scraggly patches of long dark hair...if possible. As it is now, the demon has a very masculine feel. We would like to take the edge off that with this hair, giving the demon a feminine and/or more of a disfigured witch type look. In total the demon is in about 3- 4 minutes minutes of the film, mostly in quick clips.

Anyways, I was told that MAYA may be able to accomplish this goal. We are looking for the most cost effective and effecient way to accomplish this goal. Time and money is of the essence. Thank you in advance for any responses.

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
Re: feature film looking to creat hair on a demon?
on Nov 11, 2005 at 2:03:31 am

Are you wanting someone to do this for you? Or are you asking workflow for how to do this within maya? If you are looking for contract help, you can email me off list at chad at elementxcreative dot com (spelled it out in order to avoid spam bots)

If your just looking for workflow, long scragly hair can be accomplished with maya hair in the unlimited package or using curves and paintfx in just normal maya. The hardest thing for you is going to be tracking the hair to the head, which will be very time consuming if there are no markers on the face (and even with markers it could be a pain). Do you have any experience with 3D tracking and/or software?

-cheers
Chad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]