FORUMS: list search recent posts

mental ray aborting render- help!

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Elmer
mental ray aborting render- help!
on Nov 9, 2005 at 6:10:17 am

hey,

when i go to render my scene with mental ray, it tries for a little bit, and then errors out. i ran the render diagnostics and it said something about have visibility animated on several objects, but thats it. the script editor mentions a log, but i'm not sure where to find it. i guess there's not a whole lot of information here... lets see, i'm playing with final gather and hdr's, but that's the only thing out of the ordinary. it was working about an hour ago... and now, nothing. any ideas?

-chris

Return to posts index

Jon W.
Re: mental ray aborting render- help!
on Nov 9, 2005 at 5:02:13 pm

If could be any number of things, if you're on OS X, launch the app Console, it may give you a more detailed explaination of whats going on. You can also do a search for 'console.log' it archives what has happened. One way to troubleshoot it is go through and eliminate possible problems; try doing a render w/o FD and HDRI. Also double check to make sure you don't have any .tiffs that use the Mac byte order. Try increasing your BSP size in RG under Memory and Performance (from say 10 to 20), this fixed a error crash of mine when the script editor or console wouldn't give any info.

Like I said it could be a number of things but I would just go through and try to replicate the scene when it was working, and figure out what has changed since then.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]