FORUMS: list search recent posts

motion capture/tracking

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jimmie
motion capture/tracking
on Oct 31, 2005 at 1:34:11 am

New to Maya.

I've got an opportunity to do some motion capture, with an optical system, at the university in about 1 month from now.

I use cinema 4d, but they use Maya. All the data will be cleaned and edited with their Maya program there.

The information I am looking for is after I have their data, and apply it to my model in c4d, exactly how can I apply effects, such as Trapcode's 3d Stroke, to my model that is in motion?

Like, have a 'halo' of light constantly above my model's head, regardless of the models' position.

thanks for any input

Return to posts index

Sean Fennell
Re: motion capture/tracking
on Oct 31, 2005 at 5:03:52 pm

whatever you decide to make your halo out of, be it geometry, paint effects or what you can use a parent constraint and the halo will follow the position and orientation of your character's head. Or if you just want position you can just use a point constraint. Select the object you want the halo to follow first, and then the halo itself second and apply the constraint. You can do this before or after the motion capture is applied, it doesn't matter. The easiest way is to position the halo where you want it, then open the constraint option box and choose Maintain Offset. Apply the constraint and it will always stay a relative distance from the object its constrained to.

Return to posts index

jimmie
Re: motion capture/tracking
on Oct 31, 2005 at 7:19:15 pm

thanks for the help Sean

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]