FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error: The undo queue is turned off.

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seth Olson
Error: The undo queue is turned off.
on Oct 14, 2005 at 1:48:50 am

I broke my Maya using my new SpacePilot cause I didn't have it set up right. Now the undo queue is turned off. I thought it might be under the undo preferences, but there is no option for on/off, just infinate and finate. Changing the undo to on/off doesn't effect the error message. I tossed my preferences, but I might have missed one. Before I reinstall, does anyone have any ideas/suggestions? Thanks alot!
Seth

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Error: The undo queue is turned off.
on Oct 15, 2005 at 5:29:54 pm

Hmm. Check your userPrefs.mel file. Look for a line that says '-iv "undoIsEnabled"'. If it's followed by a 1, undo should be on. If it's followed by a 0, undo is disabled.

If the prefs say '-iv "undoIsEnabled" 1;' but undo doesn't work in Maya, I don't know what's wrong. Is it possible that your prefs are being saved in a different location?

-Steve

Return to posts index

Seth Olson
on Oct 16, 2005 at 5:36:52 pm

I found the line and it was set to "on" or 1. I reinstalled Maya and that didn't fix it either. But then I realized that I had been trying through my new SpacePilot only. For some reason, Maya didn't understand the Undo command from the controller, but would from the keyboard. But if I were to try the controller first, it would erase the history or render it useless for any other attempts. There are a few other issues that I have discovered with the new controller, but I'm expecting a newer plug-in release to take care of some of these issues. Thank you for you're help, I will leave a follow up upon the correction of these issues.

Return to posts index

Eanol Wrass
on Feb 7, 2015 at 3:00:05 am

Go to Windows > Settings and Preferences > Preferences > Undo, there is an on and off option. Thanks to CGSociety's answer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]