FORUMS: list search recent posts

pixel aspect or motion blur? newbie question

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven J Casey
pixel aspect or motion blur? newbie question
on Oct 10, 2005 at 10:42:23 pm

I'm trying to pull a short animation of a 3D company logo into Sony Vegas. It's only the logo in Maya, the background is a still I created in Photoshop. Once I've exported the stills as jpegs (300 frames) and brought them into Vegas, I'm getting a lot of pixelation across the frames. The individual jpegs look good, but they're blurry around the edges in Vegas. I changed the resolution to 720 x 480 to match my movie, but I'm not sure what to do with the pixel aspect ratio. Or should I be looking into motion blur in Vegas? So far nothing seems to make any difference.
Hope this makes sense...

Thanks in advance,
Steven

Return to posts index

don huckleberry
Re: pixel aspect or motion blur? newbie question
on Oct 10, 2005 at 11:25:18 pm

Steven,

Use the CCIR 601/Quantel NTSC image size preset in the Render Globals. I don't know how Vegas will handle the extra 3 lines on the top and bottom. In Premiere Pro, it would just crop them out, Vegas may squash the image from 720x468 to 720x480. The preset sets the pixel aspect and device aspect. I am unfamiliar with Vegas, but this should work.

don

Return to posts index

Steven J Casey
Re: pixel aspect or motion blur? newbie question
on Oct 11, 2005 at 3:10:47 am

Thanks Don, I'll give that a try. Not sure how Vegas will handle it either since I haven't run into this before!

Steven

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]