FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there another solution to working with 3DMAX models in Maya besides Okino Polytrans/Nugraf?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike
Is there another solution to working with 3DMAX models in Maya besides Okino Polytrans/Nugraf?
by
on Sep 12, 2005 at 6:37:02 pm

I am a film student currently taking a Maya Basics class and I own the student version of Maya 7. I'm making a Star Wars fan film in my spare time and want to use the inexpensive/free star wars models available online... And maybe a dinosaur or two.

Okino prducts will work but they tell me that I also need a copy of 3D studio Max. I have an old copy of Max that is no longer supported, but seems to work okay for the models I've downloaded online.

Is there another plug in or product that will give Maya the ability to import, manipulate, rig and animate these 3d Max models? Even 3d Max models created in later versions of Max?

If not, is there a reasonably priced service?

Thanks for responding.

Mike

Return to posts index

Jason Brummett
Re: Is there another solution to working with 3DMAX models in Maya besides Okino Polytrans/Nugraf?
on Sep 14, 2005 at 9:48:07 pm

Use the Filmbox format that is in Maya (Now Alias owned) and in MAX upto version 7.5. Don't know about MAX8.

Jason Brummett
Studio Z Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]