FORUMS: list search recent posts

texture not motion blurring?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Briggs
texture not motion blurring?
on Sep 11, 2005 at 11:07:00 pm

Hey guys, i have a camera flying through a tube like structure with motion blur on. For some reason, the texture on the inside doesn't seem to be blurring. The hard geometry edges blur fine, but the smoother parts of the object don't (imagine criss crossing ridges going toward the exit of a tube on the inside of it). Any idea why the texture won't blur? It's a texture that has 3d procedurals on it.
http://www.lastdragonpost.com/public/blur_problem.jpg
chad

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: texture not motion blurring?
on Sep 12, 2005 at 1:34:15 am

Hi, Chad.

I did a quick test (don't forget I'm on an earlier version, though) and got similar results. It seems that 2D motion blur will correctly blur a procedural texture, but 3D motion blur won't. Are you using 2D blur?

If file textures blur properly, you could always convert to a file texture.

Good luck.

-Steve

Return to posts index

Jon W.
on Sep 12, 2005 at 1:34:16 am

Are you rendering with Mental Ray? If so there are two types of motion blur, linear (cheaper but won't do deformation blur like cloth) and exact (more expensive but will do deformation blur). Also check to make sure on your object's shape node under 'render stats' the motion blur tag is checked.

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
on Sep 12, 2005 at 1:37:52 am

hmm, i may try the linear 2d blur and see how it works. I'm using exact deformation blur right now. (and yes, i'm rendering with MR) surely Alias would have noticed this by now if MR can't blur proc textures? and i could have swore i've MB proc textures before in the past?
thanks guys
chad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]