FORUMS: list search recent posts

perspective not centering around focused objects

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mYthprod
perspective not centering around focused objects
on Sep 1, 2005 at 3:12:18 pm

This may or may not be an easy one, I've noticed on some scenes I bring in (this one in particular from the rendering alias book) that sometimes the perspective camera seems to rotate around a strange pivot point not its own. I click on an object, hit f to focus, but when I rotate around the object it doesn't use the object as its center of focus it uses something else. It's a bit confusing. I changed the world up axis from Z to Y and that helped a little. I focused on the persp camera from another and centered its pivot point and that helped some, but I don't think I'm finding the setting I need. Does any of this make sense? I'm confused.

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

Sean Fennell
Re: perspective not centering around focused objects
on Sep 1, 2005 at 8:44:12 pm

is it an aim camera? or is the camera aim constrained to an object. if so then it would orbit around the aim point. Another thing you can look at is if the centerOfInterest attribute is locked or controled by an expression or connection. The centerOfInterest is what the camera uses to orbit around.

You could also create a new camera if the normal persp camera doesn't want to behave.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]