FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch render nightmare

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff
Batch render nightmare
by
on Aug 31, 2005 at 4:49:14 pm

So I am trying to render an iff sequence using the maya renderer. My problem is that when I render I get nuthin'. Except for my fur. I get the fur images but all the other geometry is blacked out. I have tried rendering with no alpha, I still get an alpha. tried to render with the fur comp box checked on and off. Nothing. Anyone had something like this before and know the fix. I am getting the feeling it's a bug or something.

thanks

jeff.:

Return to posts index

Sean Fennell
Re: Batch render nightmare
on Aug 31, 2005 at 5:05:38 pm

What is the output of the render while its rendering? Do you have file texture images mapped to your geometry? If so are those texture files being found on disk at rendertime?

Return to posts index

Jeff
by
on Aug 31, 2005 at 5:21:53 pm

I do have file textures but everything seems to link up fine - Also I can render a preview fine. Everything shows up there. I checked the render flags on my geometry and all my visibilities appear to be on.

jeff.:

Return to posts index

Jeff
by
on Aug 31, 2005 at 5:29:07 pm

and when I batch hardware render everything shows up

Return to posts index

mYthprod
on Sep 1, 2005 at 3:07:56 pm

had something like this happen to me last night. In my case I was network rendering and my project path wasn't set correctly so the machines helping me render couldn't find the files.

On a single render, I've had this happen one time when parts of my render would black out in regards to their file textures. I was running out of memory because I was using large uncompressed .avi files instead of image sequences for my file textures.

Not sure if that helps. I can relate to the frustration though. :-)

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]