FORUMS: list search recent posts

image planes

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mYthprod
image planes
on Aug 30, 2005 at 4:27:49 pm

I consistently get blurry image planes (usually for keyed talent) and after discovering the filter was by default on 1 a while back that helped a little. I still get blurring though so now I'm wondering if my image planes are sized wrong, mis-matching the aspect ratio I'm bringing in. Do you guys have a workflow you use that consistently gives you clean and sharp image planes? I think one thing I'm doing wrong is keeping the size aspect of my plane geometry at 1 across the board, when I think it should be 1.25 in X and 1 in Y to match a 4:3 aspect ratio - am I on the wrong track?

Today I just discovered the "environment" tabs as a way to create an image plane and up to now I've been going through the view panel to assign an image plane, not sure if there's any difference. My brain is mush, I'm sure this is an easy dilemma to figure out. :-P

Thanks for any advice / insight you could offer on this!

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

Robert Morris
Re: image planes
on Nov 27, 2007 at 12:13:54 am

Did you ever get this solved? I'm having the same problem. I think it's a Maya setting and not the image aspect ratio. I work in video as well so I'm used to square vs. rectangular pixels, but I also bring in image planes of photos shot from my still digital camera. What I *have* noticed is that Maya renders the same image plane completely crisp when rendered with the Maya Software renderer. But it's only with Mental Ray that I get blurred image planes. Hopefully we can figure out why.

-Robert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]