FORUMS: list search recent posts

AMD or INTEL for Maya? Personal experience?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Magnethands
AMD or INTEL for Maya? Personal experience?
on Aug 24, 2005 at 4:43:09 pm

I am using an AMD Athlon 64. Its 2 GHz. You can check my profile for the rest of my computer if you care to. Anyways, Maya runs pretty good. My scene size is 13.8Mb and the view still glides pretty smoothly with all the textures showing--but that's the video card. It's things like smooth operations and other such calculations that are dependent on the CPU speed, correct?

I've heard that AMD chips outperform Intel's for gaming, but that Intel's are better for motion graphics and 3d production. Is this true? And what if the CPU was overclocked, how much of a difference would that make?

cHEERS!

Return to posts index

mYthprod
Re: AMD or INTEL for Maya? Personal experience?
on Aug 26, 2005 at 2:16:36 pm

You may be better hunting for some official benchmarks on the net. I use AMD 2400+ duals and intel xeon 3.2GHz duals and don't really notice a difference. I actually model and work in maya on my AMD machine and then use 8 intel dual proc systems to help me render. I've heard there can be slight differences in the way they render due to platforms and how they round floaties but I doubt the difference is that major in most circumstances.

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]