FORUMS: list search recent posts

What would be the best & easiest 3D animation program?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ArcEnSon
on Aug 22, 2005 at 12:14:50 pm

Hi people.
I'm using Vegas to edit and prepare all my videos
for DVD final work but I need to make a small 10sec.
company's logo 3D animated presentation that I'll put
at the very start of my DVD's.
Your suggestions & knowledge are welcome.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Lars Bunch
Re: What would be the best & easiest 3D animation program?
on Aug 22, 2005 at 3:33:42 pm

Hi,

Best and easiest don't go together. I'm biased, but I'd say Maya is about the best 3D program I've worked with. It provides a great deal of control over every aspect of the model and animation. But this also makes it one of the harder programs to learn since, to get the most out of it, you have to juggle a huge number of variables.

If all you are looking to do is some simple logo animations and you haven't used 3D software much, you may want to look at Blender. It is relatively easy to learn, (although I have my gripes about the user interface) and you can get some pretty good results for what you pay. (It's free at blender.org)

I found Lightwave's user interface a bit easier to deal with than Maya's at first, but once I understood how to use Maya, I found it easier to work in because I could easily adjust any variable that needed adjusting. Blender is a good program to learn on, but has too many limitations when it comes to being able to work quickly and efficiently. I've gotten very nice looking animations on it, but it took more time to get there than I can expend on paying jobs.

Lars

Return to posts index

Magnethands
on Aug 23, 2005 at 4:38:34 pm

I would say Bryce 5 is the easiest 3d program I ever used. It actually seems more like a video game than production software. And its infinitely less versatile than Maya. But if all you want to make is exotic landscapes and blobby creatures
its great!

cHEERS!

Return to posts index

Jon W.
on Aug 28, 2005 at 3:53:54 am

For something fast (If you use after effects) look into Zaxwerk's Invigorator. Obviously the term "easiest" is relative but Cinema 4D's user interface is very intuitive, and as a program it's pretty powerful. "Best" i would say Maya since you have huge versatility and flexibility but definitely not the easiest app to wrap your head around.

Return to posts index

jim
by
on Sep 5, 2005 at 1:18:14 pm

I am now a Maya user but my boss had to hit me with sticks for months to get me to let go of cinema 4d (its a great program) for knocking out logo I second the vote for zax works in AE.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]