FORUMS: list search recent posts

aaah - hardware render buffer wont render out EXACTLY what it sees onscreen :(

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anthonymcgrath
aaah - hardware render buffer wont render out EXACTLY what it sees onscreen :(
on Aug 16, 2005 at 3:27:12 pm

I have a sphere with a noise deformer on it. This sphere has then been turned into a softbody (duplicate make copy soft). I've then selected the particles and added a spring - I edited the options on it so it had no influence at meaning the particles move as the noise deformer affects the orig object and ARENT affected by the spring.

I now want to render this out but I can render the springs at all - gutted - is there any way of rendering those dashed spring lines out? - it'd fantastic for an animation I'm doing and I cant think of any other way :(

cheers
ant

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: aaah - hardware render buffer wont render out EXACTLY what it sees onscreen :(
on Aug 16, 2005 at 4:05:22 pm

Here's one slim chance. Select the 'defaultHardwareRenderGlobals' node and open the 'Display Options' section. In that section, you can activate hardware rendering of various HUD elements such as manipulators, camera icons, and so on. Now, in my version of Maya, there is NOT an option to make springs render--but perhaps that option has been added in later versions.

If you still don't have that option in whatever version of Maya you're using, then there are two other solutions. One would be to simply do a Playblast of your scene. You'd probably want to edit colours to make the springs more visible and/or more easily composited on top of a proper render.

The other would be to apply PaintF/X strokes to the springs. I'm not sure if you can do this straightforwardly, or if you'd have to create separate curves in place of the spring object.

Good luck!

-Steve

Return to posts index

anthonymcgrath
Re: aaah - hardware render buffer wont render out EXACTLY what it sees onscreen :(
on Aug 16, 2005 at 4:25:11 pm

I tried getting the hardware render options to do that at first but had no luck. however I hadn't thought to simply do a playblast and I can render out a image seq too - nice one :D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]