FORUMS: list search recent posts

A question re copying history

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wagster
A question re copying history
on Aug 14, 2005 at 6:16:31 pm

I have converted a nurbs object into a triangulated polygon. However, the nurbs object has animation which the polygon is only getting through history. Is there some way to transfer that animation information to the newly created polygon so that it will retain the animation after I have deleted the nurbs object? (I needed to convert to triangulated polygons in order to transfer to Real Fow. As is, the animation isn't transfering over to Real Fow.)

Thanks in advance for your responses!

New York-based Editor-Compositor

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
Re: A question re copying history
on Aug 14, 2005 at 8:07:59 pm

Select your polygon object and go to edit-keys-bake simulation. This should keyframe the animation into your object, which you can then take into realflow.
-chad

Return to posts index

Wagster
on Aug 14, 2005 at 9:05:31 pm

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. (The baked keys were all zero values.) However, after spending all afternoon on this I did find a solution... delete history and then bring the polygon into the nurb group. I guess the Real Flow plug-in looks for parent data but not history.

Anyhow, thanks again.

Return to posts index

Sean Fennell
on Aug 15, 2005 at 4:51:03 am

when you baked the keys there's an option in the options box to bake control vertices. This has to be selected to bake deformation or history as animation. but, glad you got it working.

Return to posts index

Wagster
on Aug 15, 2005 at 4:18:14 pm

Thanks, good thing to learn in any event.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]