FORUMS: list search recent posts

help for dumb maya character question..

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rosner
help for dumb maya character question..
on Aug 12, 2005 at 11:42:03 pm

hello, I am trying to learn maya character animation....so I got the whole ik and bones thing and skin thang....but...how do you move the character...when I try to do this the manipulator turns grey....thanks for any help...

Return to posts index

Sean Fennell
Re: help for dumb maya character question..
on Aug 13, 2005 at 1:28:17 am

by translating and rotating joints and ik handles. You will not be able to directly manipulate the skinned geometry once it is bound to the skeleton.

Return to posts index

rosner
on Aug 13, 2005 at 1:39:18 am

is there any way to attach a character with ik and joints to a path so it will follow the path...thanks for the help...

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Aug 13, 2005 at 3:27:14 am

I'm not sure what effect you're after, but you could try grouping the character (select all the IK handles and the root joint and press 'g'). Then you can attach the group node to your path as you would any other animatable object.

-Steve

Return to posts index

rosner
on Aug 13, 2005 at 4:03:43 am

hello, thanks for the the tips and please excuse my lack of maya knowledge...but when I group the character and ik and try to move the character..everything flys apart...

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Aug 13, 2005 at 7:32:29 am

It sounds like you still have the members of the group selected, as well as the group node itself. Make sure you only have the group node selected and it should work fine.

If you're very new to animation, you will probably find it most rewarding to work through a few basic tutorials before trying to get too complex. There are plenty out there; search these forums or use Google.

Good luck.

-Steve

Return to posts index

rosner
on Aug 13, 2005 at 3:49:26 pm

cool... thanks for your help..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]