FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shine rays fly-by in 3D comp--Migrate project from AE to Maya??

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Paul
Shine rays fly-by in 3D comp--Migrate project from AE to Maya??
on Aug 10, 2005 at 5:33:42 pm

I'm currently working an issue in the AE forum, but now there are some unknowns concerning the Maya arena.

Please see following explanation and any advice you might have for my plight.

Thank you.....

I am currently in a 3D comp(AE) surrounded by grid walls (large box) and am flying through it all(camera).

I have Trapcode shine and would like to have the effect of the plug-in (on the other sides of the walls) shine its rays through to the inside of the box as I fly by/through.

I've already tried
1. Applying it to the layer then pre-composing
2. Pre-composing then applying it to the composition within my main composition

All it does is shine 2-dimensionally (I know it's a 2d plug-in) and stays within the applied layer/comp, but not entering the 3D environment.

I hope this all makes sense.

Is there any way to do this?

Thank you!
:-)
David

David,

Go to the support page on Trapcode's site, there's a tut called Shine with a gobo or something like that, it mey help you.

Just watched the tutorial. It helped for some other areas, but the limitation of Shine is that you must keep the logo/layer always facing the screen.

I guess I can't have the layer rotated 90 on the y axis and expect to be able to place the shine point behind and have the rays shine out horizontally as I fly by in z space.

Any other suggestions?

I've created this whole sequence in AE, because it's my "pot-o-tea", but have just recently bought Maya Complete and I'm a beginner. Is this something I would be able to do at my level in Maya? I would hope that Maya is capable of this, but don't know where to go from here.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]