FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird RMB Menu problem

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn Moore
Weird RMB Menu problem
on Aug 7, 2005 at 3:43:43 am

I just recovered from a HD crash. I don't know if that has anything to do with it but...When I right click on an object to get the menu, it appears far from the cursor. In my case, I am using 3 screens. If I do this in the middle screen, the menu pops up in the right-most screen. If I do it in the left-most screen..no problem. Anyone have an idea why this would occur? Is there a reset function to get this fixed?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Weird RMB Menu problem
on Aug 8, 2005 at 4:08:15 pm

This could be a property of your display drivers.

I have two monitors, and my nVidia drivers allow for the option of repositioning popups such as dialog boxes onto different monitors. I have it turned off, of course. Perhaps in your settings something like that is turned on?

Good luck.

-Steve

Return to posts index

Glenn Moore
Re: Weird RMB Menu problem
on Aug 9, 2005 at 5:45:03 am

I'll check it out. Thanks Steve.

Return to posts index

Glenn Moore
Re: Weird RMB Menu problem- RESOLVED
on Aug 12, 2005 at 2:49:59 am

The problem was resolved when I looked in Control Panel > Displays >Settings. I forgot that, in addition to my Matrox, I had another pci vid card installed that I wasn't using. It was still active. Once I selected not to extend my display to that card, the problem went away. Amazing. Why do I even have that other card installed? It takes a hard drive crash to remind you of all the nonsense you have on your pc.

Anyway. That's my story. The end.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]