FORUMS: list search recent posts

Selection Handle Tip

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mYthprod
Selection Handle Tip
on Jul 19, 2005 at 3:46:18 pm

I'm finding it hard to keep the information on how to create and manipulate a selection handle in my brain. In my vain attempt to avoid looking the info up once again the next time I need to create a selection handle, I'll offer it in a tip here in hopes I'll more likely remember. :-P (Selection handles make it easier to grab oft-used skeleton joints or objects).

- Select something and (I think the part I keep forgetting is this first step) go to Display > Component Display > Selection handles. A small sphere-looking thing with lines coming out of it appears where your pivot point is. You'll want to select (or multi-select) the objects you want the selection handles to show, then repeat the step above.

- Now to move the selection handles out and away from your select(ed) object(s), with your selection handle selected go into component mode (F8).

- Select the selection handles pick mask. To do this, click the + in your mask section of your toolbar. If you don't see it, you're probably not in component mode.

- Now simply move the selection handle out into an easily accessible spot and hit F8 again to go back into object mode.

I think the reason I never remember this is because of having to go to display component display selection handles first to see them, then to go into component mode to move them. I always want to hit the insert key and end up moving the pivot instead of the selection handle. :-P

Hopefully this will help others as well as myself remember this tidbit. :-)

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

Sean Fennell
Re: Selection Handle Tip
on Jul 19, 2005 at 4:40:42 pm

I made a shelf button because going through all those menus multiple times creates carpel tunnel :)

Return to posts index

mYthprod
on Jul 19, 2005 at 4:46:07 pm

Ahh, shelf button. Excellent idea! Thanks.

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

Duan Sebastian
on May 2, 2009 at 2:33:26 pm

Thankyou!

So hard to remember those steps, isn't it?

Cheers!

duan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]