FORUMS: list search recent posts

Object fades in as it draws closer to camera

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mYthprod
Object fades in as it draws closer to camera
on Jun 16, 2005 at 10:49:39 pm

I have an animation of a long object that's more visible the closer to the camera it becomes. Would it be easier to handle the transparency in Maya with something like fog (it has a white background) from a light or maybe it would be easier to handle the transparency in after effects with a z-depth render from Maya? I haven't used either very much (ie. not familiar with what kind of idiosyncrasies AE has with Maya z-depth renders) at all and this project has a short deadline.

TIA!

Return to posts index

Jason Brummett
Re: Object fades in as it draws closer to camera
on Jun 17, 2005 at 6:24:19 pm

This is coming a bit late for your deadline but, I would render out a Zdepth pass if the shot is simple enough and do this in AE. That's the easiest but of course there are other elegant solutions such as keying the colormaps alphagain for instance and connecting this to your Maya Camera to give you no contrast or what ever your after if the objects far away and full contrast and brightness when closer. The distances can be regulated via a multiply divide node.

_Jason

Jason Brummett
Studio Z Inc.

Return to posts index

bjohnston
Re: Object fades in as it draws closer to camera
on Jun 21, 2005 at 6:03:26 pm

You might attach a locator to the camera then write an expression that controls the level of transparancy of your shaders based on the position of a locator.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]