FORUMS: list search recent posts

importing camera data into AE

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe
importing camera data into AE
by
on Jun 11, 2005 at 1:28:13 am

I searched the forum for this and I found the same question but no answer so I just copied the question:

" Hey guys,

I'm having some issues with bringing a scene from Maya into AE. I've done it before, but somehow things have changed now. And I'm not sure how to change it back! Okay, here is the problem...

I've got a scene in Maya 6.5 Unlimited. It contains a camera and a bunch of null objects (named appropriately). I set the camera's resolution to 720x480 in Render Globals. I bake the camera's keyframes. I save it as a Maya ASCII file (.MA). Then I bring it into AE 6.5 Pro. This is where the confusion begins. It brings everything in just fine... nulls and camera alike. But the comp is 320x240 in size! And resizing a 3D comp in AE is just not an option for matching up the 3D data to a rendered video file. The thing I noticed is that if I go to the "Import" dialog in AE 6.5, and I highlight the Maya file to bring it into AE, it says "Import as: Composition - Cropped Layers" instead of just import as composition. But I'm not sure how to change this. Cropped Layers is the only option available there. Anyone know what I need to do to remedy this? Please??"

-Robert Morris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]