FORUMS: list search recent posts

cinema 4d vs. maya

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MissDivaGirl
cinema 4d vs. maya
on May 28, 2005 at 5:21:05 am

hi! i am a maya user... i have recently finished college and my major is computer animation and we learned maya. i recently started a new job at a local multimedia production house who used cinema 4d. while working on my current project, my new boss mention cinema 4d and how easy it is. the former editor even gave me a quick tour of its interface and it seems to be very close to maya's. he was able to quickly create text and give them the exact look i had been trying to get in maya all day. my boss has suggested i take time and learn cinema 4d. would you suggest this would be in my favor or a step backward since i am already very familiar with maya and its availability? i don't want waste time learning a new program when maya is second nature to me, but i don't want to overlook a quick and easier program if it is worth it.

any advice for the confused?

:)missdivagirl

Return to posts index

Pyro
Re: cinema 4d vs. maya
by
on May 28, 2005 at 6:16:35 am

Learn it. Can't hurt your career nor your Maya skills!

Return to posts index

Jason Brummett
on May 28, 2005 at 7:17:37 pm

Haven't used C4D myself but know that is geared fairly specifically at that type of production where as Maya is Feature Film etc. C4D I've only heard great things about.

Jason Brummett
Studio Z Inc.

Return to posts index

MissDivaGirl
on May 29, 2005 at 12:34:50 am

thank you for the advice!

:)angelina

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]