Quick Modeling of a Brain

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pyro
Quick Modeling of a Brain
by
on May 28, 2005 at 12:06:45 am

Hi Cows,
Been awhile since I've posted. I won't have my own answer as usual on this one though!

Just seeking suggestions on techniques to use while modeling a human brain. Just the surface anatomy really. The keyword here would be a 'rapid' yet detailed model of the surface of the brain.

Some quick ideas I had off the top of my head:
1) NURBS patching with lots of CV modeling (time-expensive)

2) To somehow create multiple wire deformers to create the brains creases. Somehow I doubt this will work.

3) Artisan sculpting with revisions to the geometry via CV tweaks.

4) Displacement modeling on a plane then wrapping the geometry onto a rough brain volume shape.

5) Tube-like Extrusions along 3D paths and hand Artisan the geometry to add organic imperfections.

I'm certain someone has had to model a Brain out there. Any tips would be much appreciated. I've been called in to do this project and I need to show some good results before Monday (when, like most US human beings I intend to eat alot of grilled meat! Maybe some brains with Fava beans... fft ftt ftt ftt!)

It's mostly a compositing job (why they called me!) but I may need a brain model with more options that free models I can find on the web. It would be especially useful to have a NURBS model since I can add geometry onto a Live model surface as I move along.

On a side note, in my compositor, I may need to track some 2-D rotation to the 3-D model. Could I paste the tracker rotate values into the keys spreadsheet in Maya from excel (from After Effects?)

Thanks to anyone out there who would like to help me before the big Mem weekend at such short notice.

Thanks Cows.

Return to posts index

Jon W.
Re: Quick Modeling of a Brain
on May 28, 2005 at 1:52:18 am

maybe just use poly extrusions for the basic shape, smooth it, then use sculpting/deformers for the details?

Return to posts index

Jason Brummett
on May 30, 2005 at 2:42:39 pm

Thats a bit of a complicated model to idea quickly on a board. If you need to have a Nurbs version you could you displacement from photographs of a brain.

I am sending you a Polygon version to your e-mail right now, maybe that will work for you.

Jason Brummett
Studio Z Inc.

Return to posts index

Jason Brummett
on May 30, 2005 at 2:44:27 pm

Couldn't find an e-mail address for you so guess I can't send you that model :(

Jason Brummett
Studio Z Inc.

Return to posts index

Pyro
by
on Jun 2, 2005 at 2:01:32 am

Hey I appreciate trying to send me a model!

I'm still hacking away at this project but I'm addressing most of it so far in compositing. The final may well require a better model. My email is pyro(at)bway(dot)net

I'm using a brain from a cd I own. Its not a bad model but a nurbs could be easier to deal with for making stuff 'stick' to the surface.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]