FORUMS: list search recent posts

From the nvidia XGL 900 to FX1100 in Maya 6.0

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mYthprod
From the nvidia XGL 900 to FX1100 in Maya 6.0
on May 26, 2005 at 12:13:24 pm

I upgraded cards recently to the FX1100 and everything seems to be fine except for 2 things.

I'm getting a weird ghosting thing happen on my monitors in windows 2000. I think it may be a win2k thing since another fx1100 card is in a xp box and isn't exhibiting this behavior. I've played with refresh rates and and resolutions settings and vid card settings and nothing seems to fix it (it was fine with the 900 card).

Also, inside Maya when I do the hotbox and scroll through it, there is no blue line I get when I use a normal menu. It flickers, almost like it's going too fast for it or something is just flaking out. I can still pick things inside the hotbox and I can't seem to see very well where my mouse is ending up unless I stop and hover it over a selection for a second.

Maybe my 2 problems are related? I'm running 71.80.

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

Sean Fennell
Re: From the nvidia XGL 900 to FX1100 in Maya 6.0
on May 26, 2005 at 1:26:57 pm

Can't remember what driver set I'm running but I don't have any of those problems with the same card. If the extra power cord isn't plugged into the gfx card it will do some real flakey stuff though. I found that out the hard way.

Return to posts index

Splattr
Re: From the nvidia XGL 900 to FX1100 in Maya 6.0
on Jul 5, 2005 at 10:31:21 am

Hey dude,

had any luck with your problem?

I only ask cos it sounds very similar to something I am getting with my own FX1100
could you describe it in a bit more detail?

I can't figure it out and it's getting REALLY annoying

Ciao

Splattr

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]