FORUMS: list search recent posts

importing movie or jpeg sequence

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MissDivaGirl
importing movie or jpeg sequence
on May 25, 2005 at 2:20:13 am

K...
Thank you for the tips. I am familiar with all of the steps except the time=frame part. i am unsure what to do at that point.... i have tried everything and apparantly not the right thing :)

this is what is going on so far....

lambert, file texture is color map of jpeg image sequence... it loads fine, but when i check use image sequence i get an error saying image_001 doesn't exist, node file 2. do not understand why it keeps saying this.

when i load lambert, color map, movie file, and accept an .avi or .mov, i get grey no matter what i do.

when i load lambert, color map, file texture, jpeg image sequence, it loads and appears in the texture sample window, and when i check use image sequence it is still there, but no animation happens when i render.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you!
angelina

Return to posts index

Joaquin (Kino) Gil
Re: importing movie or jpeg sequence
on May 25, 2005 at 2:25:43 am

[MissDivaGirl] "when i load lambert, color map, movie file, and accept an .avi or .mov, i get grey no matter what i do.
"

'cuz you need "MOVIE" texture, not "FILE".

:)

Return to posts index

Joaquin (Kino) Gil
on May 25, 2005 at 2:30:36 am

[MissDivaGirl] "the time=frame part."

[MissDivaGirl] "when i load lambert, color map, file texture, jpeg image sequence, it loads and appears in the texture sample window, and when i check use image sequence it is still there, but no animation happens when i render.
"

both related::

for the texture to animate you need to make the TIME change in the file AND the animation. check "USE FRAMES" (I think that's the name, you'll find it easily anyway, I'm editing outside of Maya now)

and TYPE in the time space:

=frame; [ENTER]

that ties the current frame number to the file number so the thing animates. Same with movie texture.

take care

.k.

Return to posts index

MissDivaGirl
on May 25, 2005 at 3:08:22 am

.k.
thank you for all of the help...

i think i may have it now. it seems as though it was as simple as renaming the jpegs. didn't realize maya was so sensitive with the file names.

thank you! lunch on me if i am ever in the neighborhood. :)

a

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]