FORUMS: list search recent posts

importing jumpback quicktime into scene

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MissDivaGirl
importing jumpback quicktime into scene
on May 24, 2005 at 10:29:05 pm

ok, after struggling for a day trying to import a simple quicktime or avi into my scene, i am at my wits end! I have done this before no problem, but can't figure out why it isn't working. I have a jumpback from digital juicer i want to use as a background. I have rendered the sequence as tiffs, jpegs, .mov, and .avi. I created a lambert and when i try to import the file it doesn't show unless I switch to "best guess" in the import window, then it shows the file. Unfortunately, no matter what I do, it does not show as the texture. Any idea what could be going on? What am i doing wrong???

any advice or help would be appreciated.

thank you!!!!!
angelina

Return to posts index

Joaquin (Kino) Gil
Re: importing jumpback quicktime into scene
on May 24, 2005 at 10:55:19 pm

Yo, dudette-

Texture on material:

Lambert, map color, file type texture, directory-to your files (tga, tiff, jpeg, rla...), accept. Give them time " = frame; "

NOW make a Nurbs plane, set it in front of persp camera, assign the lambert as material, stretch to recover proper dimensions.
Done.

OR

Camera-Cam Attribs--environment -- make Image Plane-- load your sequence, do the "time = frame" little dance. Now the background shows the images as a backplane.

Done.

Grok?

take care

.k.

Return to posts index

MissDivaGirl
on May 25, 2005 at 2:18:24 am

K...
Thank you for the tips. I am familiar with all of the steps except the time=frame part. i am unsure what to do at that point.... i have tried everything and apparantly not the right thing :)

this is what is going on so far....

lambert, file texture is color map of jpeg image sequence... it loads fine, but when i check use image sequence i get an error saying image_001 doesn't exist, node file 2. do not understand why it keeps saying this.

when i load lambert, color map, movie file, and accept an .avi or .mov, i get grey no matter what i do.

when i load lambert, color map, file texture, jpeg image sequence, it loads and appears in the texture sample window, and when i check use image sequence it is still there, but no animation happens when i render.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you!
angelina

Return to posts index

Geoff Bailey
on May 25, 2005 at 3:13:25 pm

How is your file named? Maya can be a little finicky with naming conventions (and doesn't always work with quicktimes properly). Get in the habit of rendering image sequences and naming all your files in a standard way, usually:

myFile.001.iff
myFile.002.iff
myFile.003.iff

There are handy free utilities available on the web for renaming multiple files. See if that helps.

Geoff Bailey
Finegrit Design
http://www.finegritdesign.com

Return to posts index

Ben Powell
on Jun 10, 2005 at 6:08:25 pm

Hi,

I've been struggling with the same problem.

I'm working on a mac. This solution worked for me.

Create a quicktime movie of the movie that you want to attach as a texture. Then replace the ".mov" extension with ".qt"

Then in Maya when you select a Movie as a Texture find your file and select it.
Then check the "Use Image Sequence" check box.

Apply the texture to a shape and your movie will appear.
Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]