FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why do I do this to myself??/

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn Moore
Why do I do this to myself??/
on May 17, 2005 at 4:57:17 am

I really should focus on learning one thing at a time.....nahhhhh!

Anyone out there have any info on animal walk cycles? I have some 3D polygonal models of animals and other things that I want to animate. I got the skins to fit, finally.

I can do basic, crude movements like moving the head and body. I really don't want to take a month to get a tiger to wiggle his big toe! Anything out ther already and preferably free?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Joaquin (Kino) Gil
Re: Why do I do this to myself??/
on May 17, 2005 at 4:22:36 pm

THAT's where all that time in animation school comes in handy.

The BIBLE for motion, human and quadruped, at least, is EADWEARD MUYBRIDGE. His two major collections are :THE HUMAN FIGURE IN MOTION and ANIMALS IN MOTION. I am pretty sure you can order those through our own milk-shop here at the COW. Be ready to cough up north of fifty buck for each.

Or visit your local library and ask for it. That's enough time for the gig.

He had a bet to settle, to see if a horse could lift all four feet at a time when running. For this he rigged a line of still cameras beside the track that would shoot triggered by the horse's pass and a grid to measure the progress on the other side . The resulting photos started the whole thing. Check them out. That's exactly what you want.

take care

.k.

Return to posts index

Glenn Moore
Re: Why do I do this to myself??/
on May 18, 2005 at 9:47:28 pm

Thanks Kino. I do remember the story and the image of the individual cameras proving that all legs left the ground. I'll check out the Store.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]