FORUMS: list search recent posts

PLE on a 733? Can it be done?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Thomas
PLE on a 733? Can it be done?
on May 16, 2005 at 10:45:13 pm

I am running a 733 Quicksilver, 1 GB Ram, and 10.3.9 along with 2 Graphics cards; a GeForce2 MX AGP w/32MB (main display-Apple 19"), and a Radeon PCI w/32MB (secondary-17" CTX). I downloaded PLE and it all seemed to install just fine, but when I started the app, all I get is a smallish window that is asking for command lines, no GUI at all. The tool bar of the main window allows me no access, but the "smallish window" allows limited access. Unfortunately, when I try to use HELP from that window, it opens Safari, but then states that it cannot access the " localhost". I already tried the adding " localhost" to the proxy bypass, but still nothing. Anyone have anything on this one?
BT

I also just tried the troubleshooting html, restarting the server through the Terminal, and that prevailed nil, except now my Activity Monitor again, no longer functions. This happened before after installing PLE. It took forever to get it functioning again. I would really like to give this a shot, but this is becoming dissappointing.

Ok, I got the Activity Monitor back online with a Permission repair, but still nothing for PLE. I even downed Mentor and it stated the same old "localhost" problem.
FYI-I started the server through the Terminal, or thought so, but upon shutting the server down, it stated that I didn't have permission to do so.

Is this possible or am I just wasting my time trying to run Maya on this box?

Humbly seeking help and guidance,
Brad Thomas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]