FORUMS: list search recent posts

OSX 10.4 and maya

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
niall Mccormack
OSX 10.4 and maya
on May 6, 2005 at 12:30:11 pm

anyone having difficulty rendering under Tiger??
I've recently upgraded and I can still use maya, and render still frames, however as soon as i start a batch render maya zooms through all th frames, but doesn't actually render them or save any files

any suggestions??

cheers
n

Return to posts index

Lars Bunch
Re: OSX 10.4 and maya
on May 8, 2005 at 3:57:36 pm

Hi,

I just upgraded to 10.4 on Thursday, so I haven't had a chance to really test out the system, but the command line renderer seems to work properly with Maya 6.5 under OS-X 10.4. I have't tried the renderer under the UI except for frame render. I'll check that out on Monday.

Lars

Return to posts index

Geoff Bailey
on May 9, 2005 at 2:41:14 pm

Are you rendering from a local drive or over a network. We found a problem in that Tiger has changed the nameing conventions for networked machines. It used to use the machine name (say "DESIGN1"), now you have to use "DESIGN1.local". It messed up some of our floating licenses. Might affect network renders as well.

Return to posts index

niall Mccormack
on May 11, 2005 at 9:39:35 am

No I'm afraid its all local. I've been reading up on the maya problem tho, and its strange that, as Lars said, the command line rendere is working but the UI one isn't.

its a bit of a hassle otherwise. Hopefully this will be fixed once 10.4.1 is realeased.

As I'm a bit of a maya beginner, can anyome give me example code to make the command line render my project?

much appreciated
niall

Return to posts index

Geoff Bailey
on May 11, 2005 at 1:14:30 pm

render -s 0 -e 120 /maya/projects/myProject/scenes/myScene.mb

-s flag tells Maya what frame to start on. -e tells it what frame to end on. On the mac you can simply drag the scene file into the terminal window and it will generate the path name.

if you type in render -q in terminal, you'll get a full list of all the possible render flags.

Return to posts index

niall Mccormack
on May 12, 2005 at 5:16:18 pm

excellent, that works a treat

cheers!

niall

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]