FORUMS: list search recent posts

FBX between MAX and Maya

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brummett
FBX between MAX and Maya
on Apr 28, 2005 at 3:02:36 pm

I'm starting at a company soon that are MAX based as I used to be and am trying to introduce Maya or at the very least work in Maya along side MAX users.

The company does a lot of motion graphics so if I had a reliable way of pinning down camera animation generated in either program and brought into MAX or Maya we would be able to composite shots. MAX v. 6 and 7 have an option to ouput FBX format (now that Alias owns Kaydara I hope AutoDesk keeps this option native to MAX or Alias allows other 3D apps access). But I've renderd out a simple sphere in MAX and Maya and both ways imported a camera animation from each and found that the keyframes coincide exactly as one would expect but there is a slight deviation between keys. It won't be justifiable to this group of animators to bake Camera/L:ight animation either. Also I haven't tested Camera Roll as MAX and Maya see this quite a bit different. Is this a problem with Euler vs Quarternion or something harder to get around. Any other suggestions in having both MAX and Maya work on the same team?

Jason Brummett
Studio Z Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]