FORUMS: list search recent posts

sprite particle rendering

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
A.Diamos
sprite particle rendering
on Apr 22, 2005 at 3:18:05 pm

Hi, I have Maya 5. I have made smoke that emits from an half sphere and used the sprite wizard to map smoke to. When I make the sphere transparante the maps become transparent as well. I just want to render the smoke textures and not the sphere or the sprite rectangles. I have also turned off the display of the sphere in the persp window in which I am rendering out of but that doesn't work either. The help menu said to make the peripheral parts of the original texture image transparent but not a clue as to how to go about this. Help please and thank-you for much. A.Diamos

Return to posts index

Joaquin (Kino) Gil
Re: sprite particle rendering
on Apr 22, 2005 at 9:19:54 pm

You may be assigning the same MATERIAL to both the sprites and the sphere. Make sure they have different materials.

.k.

Return to posts index

A.Diamos
on Apr 23, 2005 at 6:15:43 pm

I checked and turned off the transparency assigned to the sphere which worked but the sprites are still rendering as rectangles and I have mapped smoke to them. How do I make the sprites transparent and still see the smoke?
Thanks, A

Return to posts index

davidheijl
on Apr 23, 2005 at 6:30:18 pm

make sure the texture bitmap you're using for the sprites has transparent edges. you can do this in your image editor of choice (e.g. photoshop) by making sure the smoke does not reach the edges of the texture and the texture has transparency. you can also check the transparencty in the alpha channel of the texture.

------------------------------
Consider Phlebas, who was once
handsome and tall as you
------------------------------

Return to posts index

A.Diamos
on Apr 25, 2005 at 5:22:40 pm

Yes, thank-you. Now that I need to batch render I am experiencing problems. I set my globals for Maya Hardware and when I render current frame first to check before doing a batch render everything is fine. When I go to do a batch render there is nothning or when I set the renderer to render two frames to test it didn't do anything. What is up now? All your help is much appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]