FORUMS: list search recent posts

Initialize a scripted panel type.

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Sayer
Initialize a scripted panel type.
on Apr 21, 2005 at 7:58:30 pm

Hi, folks.

I have created a custom panel using MEL, which has some special controls I use when animating lip-sync. I'd like to be able to call up this panel whenever I want. I have created a layout button which creates a three-panel layout consisting of the Graph Editor, a view panel, and my scripted Lip Sync Panel.

However, by default, Maya doesn't know what this panel is when the layout button asks for it by name. If I run Maya, and click on my layout button, I get this error:
// Error: Object not found: syncPanelType //
I can explain to Maya what I'm talking about by using this command:
scriptedPanelType -acb "lipSyncPanelScript" syncPanelType;
Obviously, I could make this a shelf button or something, but there has to be a way to define a panel type for startup, doesn't there?

I have to confess that part of the problem here is that I created this workflow some time ago, so I don't really remember what a lot of the steps were. Sloppy!! I'm just hoping someone else will have an answer at their fingertips... I promise, this time I'll document properly!

Thanks for any advice,

-Steve

Return to posts index

Sean Fennell
Re: Initialize a scripted panel type.
on Apr 22, 2005 at 3:44:16 pm

to create it on startup you can create a userSetup.mel file in your scripts directory (if you don't already have one) and place that scriptedPanel command into the userSetup.mel file. Maya will read it and run all commands at startup.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Initialize a scripted panel type.
on Apr 23, 2005 at 2:35:44 pm

Ah, that's the ticket. Thanks Sean.

I had tried adding the code to userPrefs.mel, but that wasn't the brightest idea: it kept getting overwritten. userStartup is definitely what I wanted.

Thanks again!

-Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]