middle mouse mac

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
trev
middle mouse mac
by
on Apr 20, 2005 at 12:37:14 pm

hello,

i'm new to maya and i just installed maya 6 on my G5 and there is a problem with the middle mouse button. it seems to lock and stick.
all my co-workers are on PC's... so i was wondering if anyone new a solution for this mac problem?

any help desperatly needed

trev

Return to posts index

Jon W.
Re: middle mouse mac
on Apr 20, 2005 at 3:51:00 pm

what kind of mouse do u have? describe "lock and stick". need more info...

Return to posts index

trev
by
on Apr 21, 2005 at 2:58:23 am

thanks for reply,

basicly on a new G5 trying a microsoft 3 button mouse or a ICgande (make?) mouse in maya 6 or maya 5, when you try and move around the scene with the pan, zoom or roll features useing mainly th middle button, the tool gets locked and when you release the button the tool is still working and therefore you keep panning around the scene. once the tool gets locked it sometimes releases if you leave it for few mins or click and try out somecombinatins it seems to release in time, but its certainly not working as it should. Someone menthioned that this is an issue on the G5? is it and if so is there any solutions?

On a G4 with the same mouses (mice?) this problem never happens.

thanks for anyhelp or advice you can offer

trev

Return to posts index

Jon W.
on Apr 21, 2005 at 4:40:14 am

I use a G5 and a microsoft optical scroll mouse (the old 5 button one), works fine w/ Maya. I would first try and update your drivers from microsoft, update your OS, and finally if possible update Maya. If none of those work, try downloading one of those third party mouse drivers like "USB Overdrive" or simply get a different mouse.

Return to posts index

quinn
on Apr 21, 2005 at 5:01:39 pm

Are you by any chance using Microsoft Intellipoint software? I had the smae problem recently and had to hunt down an old version of Intellipoint software. By downgrading it seems to have corrected the problem. However, it has only been a couple of days an so is not thoroughly tested.

-quinn

Return to posts index

Wagster
on Apr 21, 2005 at 5:59:23 pm

I'm not sure this is your problem, but I did have an issue when I installed the mouse on my Mac. I made the mistake of installing the software that came with the mouse, which completely threw Maya off. My solution was to tell the software to not apply when Maya was in use, and then all three buttons worked fine. Come to think of it, this probably is your problem. So try either that, or uninstalling the mouse software, if that's what you did, and then try the mouse again.

http://www.williamgadea.com

Return to posts index

trev
by
on Apr 22, 2005 at 12:58:54 am

thanks for all the help, will try everything.
many thanks
trev

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]