FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ref Planes setup

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dylan
Ref Planes setup
on Apr 18, 2005 at 2:03:20 am

I am trying to do a tutorial (Android Woman) in Maya 6.5 and when I do exactly as shown, as far as setting up images in front and side view Image Planes, it does not work properly. Front viewport-View-Image Plane-Import Imaage, select the image file and Okay. Reposition the Image PLanes as needed.Everything looks fine in Perspective, Front and Side views. I add a Poly Cube and move it down to the foot area of the ref plane image in the side viewport. I then trying to zoom in (on eithr the front or side view) and the ref plane image always rescales. It's as if the ref plane pic hits the edge of the viewport and then squashes towards the center instead of allowing it to go out of view and continue zooming in a normal way.

I spent many hours trying everything and reading a lot in the Help file, but I could not find any answers. I eventually tried another approach of just using flat poly planes, rotating, sizing and adding a new color with the pic files as textures. That works as intended in the side and front viewports when zooming in.

What am I missing here or what needs to be set differently? It has to be somwhere within the Image Plane attributes and how the viewport camera (ortho) is seeing the ref plane image along with the new added objects to the scene.

Dylan

Return to posts index

Dylan
Re: Ref Planes setup
on Apr 20, 2005 at 1:39:36 am

Bump anyone? Something different in v 6.5 defaults from older tutorials?

Return to posts index

jb_walton
Re: Ref Planes setup
on Nov 9, 2005 at 9:21:07 am

Hi, I had the same problem with 6.5

found this solution on the net:-

right click on my computer and choose properties
click on the advanced tab and choose environment variables at the bottom
add a new system variable and type

MAYA_SLOW_DRAWPIXELS and give it a value of 1

Fixed my rescaling problem, although now for some reason I cant rotate the plane, but as I do this outside maya anyway, its not really been a biggie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]