FORUMS: list search recent posts

animated Visibility Problem

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sahak
animated Visibility Problem
on Apr 12, 2005 at 7:15:29 am

I am animating my logos visibility in order to swap it whith a modified version over time and it looks good in the viewer. It looks good in test renders. But when i go for Batch Render the scene it shows up. Its driving me crazy i have now even animated its scale to make it disapear but it still shows up.

Anyone has had simmilar experience? Or any idea what i can do?

thanx

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: animated Visibility Problem
on Apr 12, 2005 at 3:04:21 pm

Hmm, that's very strange.

How are you animating the visibility? With keyframes, or an expression, or something else?

You don't have anything in the 'pre-Render MEL' section of the Render Globals options box, do you?

-Steve

Return to posts index

sahak
on Apr 12, 2005 at 4:27:56 pm

i am keyframing visibility. Thanx for the fast reply...Very strange indid....i end up mooving it offscreen when the second logo appears. I haveto deliver this one later today. And no MEL in this project. Thanx again.

Return to posts index

Jason Brummett
on Apr 12, 2005 at 5:05:00 pm

The Visibility attribute of an object is either 0 or 1, no inbetween or semi-transparency is keyable directly. don't know why that wouldn't be shown in your test renders but..If you simply going from full Opaque to full Transparency then just render frame to there and then hide the first logo. Unhide second logo at the next frame and render the rest?

If your trying to convey a gradual transparency, the easiest way is to use a comp app and render out elements and fade each transparncy to your req'mnts. The way to do this in Maya is to Key the Matte Opacity of the shader from 1 to 0 or White to Black. This will change your alpha channel for said shader only. If you would like to do the alpha channel and the RGB Transparency then you can simply setup a connection between Transparency of your shader to the Matte Opacity and add a reverse node in between. Transparency is opposite of Opacity....

Jason Brummett
Studio Z Inc.

Return to posts index

sahak
on Apr 13, 2005 at 6:24:48 am

Thanx Jason Brummett. I did like you suggested. Rendering whith the first one to the frame they swap. Than hide first show secont. Than render the rest of the animation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]