FORUMS: list search recent posts

Install the Bonus Tools on OS X?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Loch
Install the Bonus Tools on OS X?
on Apr 6, 2005 at 4:11:48 pm

Can anyone give me some guidence on how to install the bonus tools on OS X? There wasn't an installer included and I am not familiar with Maya's directory structure.

gl

Return to posts index

Jon W.
Re: Install the Bonus Tools on OS X?
on Apr 7, 2005 at 6:36:40 am

there should be a instructions file at the Alias site where u download the bonus tools. don't know it off hand since i only skimmed over it when i needed the 3ds importer.

Return to posts index

George Loch
on Apr 7, 2005 at 6:38:10 am

I looked and didn't find any kind of text file. I too need the 3ds importer

gl

Return to posts index

Jon W.
on Apr 7, 2005 at 7:52:39 am

http://www.alias.com/eng/community/downloads/bonus_tools/index.jhtml?&_requ...

bronse membership is free, this is for 6.5, see site for maya 5.0 and 6.0

"1. Extract the cpntents of the zip file to:

/Users/Shared/Alias/maya/6.5

1. If you have a userSetup.mel file in your scripts path, open it in a text editor and append the lines from the userSetup.mel supplied with the Bonus Tools.

2. Restart Maya and set any of the Bonus Tools plug-ins that you wish to use to auto load.

Note that the contents of the BonusTools menu will vary according to which main menu set (Animation, Modeling, Dynamics, Rendering, Cloth) is active. You may change this behaviour with the Bonus Tools->Toggle Menu Style command.

3. Enjoy. You may refer to the bonusTools601.html file (located in the docs directory where the Bonus Tools are located) for an overview of the tools."

Return to posts index

Jon W.
on Apr 13, 2005 at 5:19:53 am

By the way, I had to install the Bonus Tools for a certain tool and found out for OS X all you have to do is drag the appropriate files into their respective folders under Hard Drive/Users/Shared/Alias/maya/6.5/scripts (or plug-ins, icons, etc.) then restart Maya.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]