FORUMS: list search recent posts

Movie Node

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julia K
Movie Node
on Apr 5, 2005 at 3:06:12 pm

I tried to find posts about it cause i remember it was discussed previously but was unsuccesful. I know you have to render out as a sequence and have the frame # at the end. The only time i tried it it worked when i rendered in mental ray. Can someone please give me instructions on a succesful mapping of a movie node?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

sinjin
Re: Movie Node
on Apr 5, 2005 at 3:52:59 pm

It is usually easier to convert a movie to an image sequence and use that. You have a lot more control (maybe ya wanna speed it up or slow it down, loop it etc.)

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
Re: Movie Node
on Apr 5, 2005 at 4:18:49 pm

If your looking to make a animated texture, all you have to do is render out your animation in this naming convention:
myfile.0001.tga, myfile.0002.tga, myfile.0001.tga

it's important you have 4 digits or it wont work (for the frame padding). You can use any file format tho, .iff, .tga, .tiff, whatver.

then just check "use frame extension" in the file node, and there you go. by default, it will use the current frame as the frame extension. If you want to custom map this, you can right click on the frame extension and delete the expression. This lets you put your own expression in or keyframe it like you do anything else in maya.

-chad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]