FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon C100 Mk I: Sending to TV but not to Pro External Monitors.

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Jones
Canon C100 Mk I: Sending to TV but not to Pro External Monitors.
on Oct 10, 2016 at 1:50:53 am

Hey all, like the title says - I have a C100 that will send feed to a TV but will not sed feed to an external monitor such as a SWIT field monitor.

We have 5 of these cameras in our fleet. I have tested each and every one using the same settings, cables have been tested, firmware has been reset to factory then patched to the latest and still no luck.

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: Canon C100 Mk I: Sending to TV but not to Pro External Monitors.
on Oct 13, 2016 at 7:46:42 pm

I assume you mean that the C100s you have, using HDMI, will output to a typical modern TV HDMI input. But they won't to a modern professional monitor HDMI input. Correct? Have you tried using a different HDMI cable? Has the C100 ever worked with the Pro monitors? Will the same cables successfully input signal from a different type of camera into the same monitors?

Why I ask is that if it never worked, is there some kind of setting on the pro monitor that isn't set right?

The output is described on page 114 of the manual. There is a cryptic line that reads:
"Video might not be output correctly depending on the monitor. In that case, use the AV out terminal."

I once found that the standard HDMI cables I was using did not work with my newer cameras. When I bought what was marketed as High Speed HDMI cable, which is what Apple claims is needed for the iTV, the cameras worked fine with the monitor. I was under the impression at that time that all HDMI was one standard. They aren't.

The various types of HDMI cable are described here:
http://www.hdmi.org/consumer/finding_right_cable.aspx

Hope this helps.

Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]