FORUMS: list search recent posts

Use XF300 as Skype Camera

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Hill
Use XF300 as Skype Camera
on Jun 30, 2016 at 1:26:38 pm

Is it possible to use my Canon XF300 as a "webcam" specifically for use with Skype?

Maybe with some sort of external capture device or converter/adapter. I'm open to any solutions.

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: Use XF300 as Skype Camera
on Jul 1, 2016 at 7:18:31 pm

I suppose if you got a Black Magic Intensity Shuttle and fed the HDMI into it, then into your Mac or Windows machine you could use it. Sort of crazy expensive to do, but if you already had one it would likely work.

Al

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Jul 1, 2016 at 8:27:56 pm

Christopher...

I raised exactly this same question earlier this year in another COW forum. I needed to do a very similar thing (although for different reasons).

You might read through the advice I got....

https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/17/882070

There are also a number of YouTube videos where people demonstrate how to do this... I didn't save any links but they were very easy to find with a quick search.

Bottom line is yes, you can do it... there are several ways to do it, with varying degrees of expense involved.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
on Jul 2, 2016 at 5:00:09 am

todd's absolutely correct that you could run standard DEF out of that 300 via the easy Product. As I mentioned on the other post, I use the easy To capture VHS tape's. It works great. I never thought of using it in this way but it very likely would work just fine . The easy Product and Software are solid, I've had no complaints using it.

Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]