FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon C300 - Anyone recommend a Film/Cinema look profile that i can use for project.

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gordon Henry
Canon C300 - Anyone recommend a Film/Cinema look profile that i can use for project.
on Apr 13, 2016 at 8:43:14 pm

Canon C300 - Can Anyone recommend a Film/Cinema look profile that i can use for a project in africa.

Thanks

GH

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Canon C300 - Anyone recommend a Film/Cinema look profile that i can use for project.
on Apr 13, 2016 at 9:17:59 pm

As a general rule, I think most people would say they get the best results getting a very cinematic filmic look by shooting with the CINEMA preset, which will record using the Canon Log setting. This will give you a very flat looking (and frankly ugly) low-contrast image, but it will be the one with the very most dynamic range and you'll be able to take that footage in post, apply a LUT if you like, and have the widest range of possible color grading so you can do all of your cinematic voodoo in post. To keep the picture from looking so horribly awful while you are shooting, you can turn on the Viewfinder Assist, which will help the viewfinders simulate what the footage would look like after a LUT was applied in post.

If you don't want to do that and would prefer a "baked in" cinematic look, AbleCine had some C300 presets available for download on their website. Or, at least they used to... I imagine they are still there.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Gordon Henry
Re: Canon C300 - Anyone recommend a Film/Cinema look profile that i can use for project.
on Apr 14, 2016 at 9:51:21 pm

Hey Todd,
thanks for this... this was the road i was going to go down, with the cinema preset... just thought i'd put it out there to see if anybody perhaps had any other thoughts and potential set ups... by any chance have you ever used an external recorder like an Atmos Blade?.. just mulling over going down this road.. if you have , any thoughts, tips...
thanks

G

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Apr 14, 2016 at 9:59:16 pm

I've only ever used internal recording with the C300, recording to dual slots. I've never run across any reason to use an external recorder with it... at least not yet.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Michael Mason
on Jul 20, 2016 at 10:12:00 pm

I've only used C300 CINEMA for my corporate stuff. Can see for yourself here.

http://www.perfectchaosfilms.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]