FORUMS: list search recent posts

SOS C300 chroma issue

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt collett
SOS C300 chroma issue
on Dec 15, 2015 at 1:45:22 am

Hello,

We have an issue with some footage and hoping someone can shed some light on the problem. Shot on a canon c300 with a canon 24-70 f2.8 L.

I have uploaded 2 cropped image of the problem. its 1:1. We cant share the whole image due to the product being shown. The image was taken from after effects(tried changing color space), and the same issue shows up in premiere and davinci resolve.

We are getting this only on certain areas of the image, which is of a laptop, and it appears to be in a certain high midtones, a touch darker than the highlights.

We have to deliver to the client so would be really helpful to know if the problem is caused by operator error, faulty card or by the (at times) cruel gods of digital film, and if there is any way of fixing it. Any input greatly greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Matt

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: SOS C300 chroma issue
on Dec 15, 2015 at 2:55:16 am

Sad to say, this is going to be a tough one to solve with the info given....

You only show a tiny part of a frame, and only describe this as a "problem"... but you don't tell us what the problem actually is. What are you seeing that you shouldn't be seeing? Or what aren't you seeing that you should be? Or what is incorrect? I.e., what's the problem?

We might be able to help you in here, but we really have zero info to go on so far.

Can you shed any more light?

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

matt collett
on Dec 15, 2015 at 3:24:14 am

Hi Todd, thanks for responding. So the top image should be a clean surface flat s some gradient due to the lighting, but it has that purple digital noise, the object in shot is actually out of focus, but there are those broken vertical lines over the image. the second image has the same it has the image with lots of motion blur due to camera movement, but green and purple noise is pixel sharp and follows the shape of the background image.

There are several images that have the same problem either green or magenta noise, and it is all in midtones, on greyish footage, i.e. the parts that have skintones dont have the problem, but the grey product and greyish wall have the issue.

hope that makes it clearer, really appreciate if you have any ideas at all.

many thanks again
matt

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Dec 15, 2015 at 3:34:32 am
Last Edited By Todd Terry on Dec 15, 2015 at 3:37:37 am

Hmmm sadly no, not really.

Would it be possible to shoot something else that demonstrates this anomaly (other than your secret object) and post the actual footage?

Also, what is your ISO setting? And color temp setting? And what is the type and color temperature of your lighting instruments?

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

matt collett
on Dec 15, 2015 at 10:47:01 am

Sadly we didn't shoot it, it was shot by an operator hired for this. It was shot in a studio using LED lighting and a Kino Celeb light, I can't upload other pictures as you will see the product which is an unreleased laptop.

I'm not sure of ISO and color temp but the footage was shot C-Log. I've contacted the camera hire company and the DP - but am awaiting news so any insight anyone can shed on this would be really appreciated as I've worked with c300 footage hundreds of times and never noticed this issue.

Thanks

Return to posts index

matt collett
on Dec 15, 2015 at 10:50:31 am

here is another image where it is more prominent, as its of the clapper board I'm able to show it.

Its this green fringing creating artifacts. Im trying to establish what could have caused this and why and also why the camera operator would not have noticed this and flagged it up during the shoot

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]