FORUMS: list search recent posts

CF card slot doors not closing

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennene Riggs
CF card slot doors not closing
on Nov 26, 2015 at 4:03:32 am

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else has a problem with their CF card slot doors not closing properly? I previously had a XF300 which started to have issues with this after about a year of use, and now my C300 is starting to have problems too!
Is this a common fault, or am I being too hard on my gear? (I'm pretty careful and thought I looked after it well, but maybe not!)

Also, on my most recent shoot I could not even get CF card slot B to read the card in it.

Is this something a registered repairer can fix/replace?

Thanks,

Jennene Riggs
Director/Producer
RIGGS AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: CF card slot doors not closing
on Nov 26, 2015 at 5:21:32 am

This will be an obvious suggestion, and I'm sure this is not your problem... but thought I'd better mention it JUST in case...

When attempting to close the slot door on the C300, are you sure that slot's little "eject" button is in its depressed position? If it is not, it is still possible to insert a card, but it will not be possible to close the door. And of course, without the door closed, that slot will not be active.

When ejecting a card, of course after you open the door the first step is to press the eject button so that it "pops out," and then when you depress it again that pushes the card out. I've found it's easy to not press it deeply enough to re-engage to the fully-depressed position although the card is still pushed out... but when that happens the button stays popped out and you can't close the door.

As I said, this is super obvious so is no doubt not your problem... but I still had to mention it.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Jennene Riggs
on Nov 26, 2015 at 5:47:35 am

Hi Todd. I'm so embarrassed! Yes, this was the problem!!

Thanks so much for pointing it out.

Cheers,
Jennene

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Nov 26, 2015 at 6:10:42 am

No, no, you shouldn't be embarrassed.

Ok...well maybe a little bit :)

It happens. Glad you got it worked out.

T2

fantasticplastic.com