FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing Canon C100 files in Premiere Pro CS6 on Mac

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Newton
Editing Canon C100 files in Premiere Pro CS6 on Mac
on Sep 12, 2015 at 11:52:54 am

Hi all,

I've been using the C100 footage with CS6 on my MacBook Pro for some time now and for the best part it's been fine, good even.

However, I've recently started filming conferences on the C100 meaning long takes with no breaks. The result of this is one long file splitting into multiple smaller 2GB files. When I import the first of these files into Premiere they stitch together automatically meaning I can scrub through one entire clip on the timeline without having to stitch them together myself. This is where the problems start though. These large stitched together files are incredibly difficult for Premiere to read. The visual of the footage often taking ages to catch up with the needle on the timeline. Not only this but when I export the footage I sometimes get red flashes appearing at the start and end of cuts on these large clips.

If I was to shoot a piece of footage that was 1.99GB in size it's absolutely fine. It's just when I start using these stitched together files that problems seem to occur.

I've heard about using Data Import Utility from the website Pixela as an option but every time I've tried to download it it hasn't worked.

Please help!

Thanks,

Alex

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]