FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon xf105: attempting to use an external mic and the internal mic at the same time

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dan freshman
Canon xf105: attempting to use an external mic and the internal mic at the same time
on Jul 23, 2015 at 7:01:08 pm

Hello,

I am using the canon xf105 to shoot some interviews. We have 1 lav that is given to the talent and also would like to use the internal microphones on the camera to capture what the interviewer is saying (just for content purposes). Whenever I plug a mic into an xlr input or into the 1/8" mic input, it seems to cut off the internal microphone(s) completely. Is this inevitable? Or is there any way around this.

thanks
dan

Return to posts index

Mark Weber
Re: Canon xf105: attempting to use an external mic and the internal mic at the same time
on Jul 30, 2015 at 3:59:53 am

It should work. I normally use a Rode NTG2 external mike through the XLR port on channel 1 and the internal mike on channel two on my XF105.

The mike selection switch is set to "MIC +48V" and "EXT" for channel 1 and "Line" and "INT" for channel 2. Make sure the switch is set to "INT" for the channel where you want the internal mike - otherwise it will be looking for an external mike.

Hope this helps.
Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]