FORUMS: list search recent posts

c300 CF Card "not readable" by my Mac Pro or c300, after a full day of shooting...

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Boris Undorf
c300 CF Card "not readable" by my Mac Pro or c300, after a full day of shooting...
on Jun 14, 2015 at 3:11:33 am

This is a CF card I always use in my c300. It was formatted per usual before we started shooting. Everything went normal during the shoot, no error messages, etc.

I am now attempting to copy it onto my Mac Pro, as usual, except it tells me that "This disc is not readable by this computer"... and I only have the options to eject, ignore or initialize. The card simply does not mount.

I put it back into the c300, switched to Media and now the camera too is telling me that the format of the card is not recognized and no clips display.

First time I've run into a problem like this. Is there anything that can be done? Thanks for any help & guidance.

MacPro 2010, OSX10.8.5

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: c300 CF Card "not readable" by my Mac Pro or c300, after a full day of shooting...
on Jun 27, 2015 at 2:03:46 pm

Try a different computer - different Mac or a Windows box. A last ditch effort would be to purchase some recovery software and try to recover the files off the CF card. Since you were shooting the C300 did you use simultaneous slot record? That way you're creating an immediate clone live on set? That's one of my workflow always setups. If the camera can do dual-slot record, it's always enabled. Do you need more cards...yes. But you always have a backup as soon as your done shooting.

I've always wished CF cards had a lock mechanism on them (like SD cards, or SxS cards) because sometimes when you pop one into your computer the OS will attempt to write a temp file to the disk in order to read it and that temp file can sometimes get messed up or mess up your card. Locking the card prevents the OS from writing to the card, and thereby protects your data. I haven't experienced data corruption on a CF card myself, but I'm, admittedly, paranoid!

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]