FORUMS: list search recent posts

xf 300 vs 305 vs 105

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Gutermuth
xf 300 vs 305 vs 105
on Jun 8, 2015 at 11:49:11 am

Hi All,

The MXF codec - blessing or curse? - got to be better than AVCHD and HDV, but how does it compare with, say, going directly out of the 305 or 105's SDI output? (and say, recording to prores HQ from that)

I am starting to notice some limitations on the AVCHD codec, namely ghosting artifacts with subjects moving a lot, and outdoors... so it would be nice to know if something like the XF100 is a better camera codec wise, than say, the G30/XA20 cameras....

Thoughts? anyone use both of these and can give thoughts? - I know that no camera is perfect... but I can't rely on my G30 for shooting sports outdoors... the images with high motion are just not clear enough... (I can show you what I mean in another post)

Thanks

Rob Gutermuth
Media Creations

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: xf 300 vs 305 vs 105
on Jun 8, 2015 at 2:40:05 pm

[Rob Gutermuth] "The MXF codec - blessing or curse?"

Definitely a blessing.

I haven't done any side-by-side comparison or seen any actual technical specs, but to me there are only two test instruments that matter -- my eyeballs.

MXF files look pretty much absolutely flawless (I generate them 50Mbps with my C300PL every day). Absolute zero artifacts and no visible compression whatsoever, fast motion, rapidly changing scenes, whatever... it is rock solid.

And the files drop right into editing like a dream without any conversion, hoop jumping, or any other kind of voodoo needed at all.

Love it.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
on Jun 9, 2015 at 12:48:52 pm

I totally agree with Todd. I have used all three of those cameras and both codecs.

Al

Return to posts index

Don Scioli
on Jun 9, 2015 at 4:25:33 pm
Last Edited By Don Scioli on Jun 9, 2015 at 11:11:36 pm

My XF 300 generates flawless images in MXF also.NYTimes Bestselling author Gary Braver:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]